Bright Pink is an incredible organization that is dedicated to all women having the information, resources, and tools they need to take charge of their health and get the care they need and deserve.
Bright Pink was founded in 2007 by Lindsay Avner. At the time, Lindsay was the youngest patient nationally to opt for a bilateral prophylactic mastectomy. It was during her experience that she realized the lack of resources for women in her specific situation – young women who didn't have cancer but wanted to take a proactive approach to their health. Lindsay founded Bright Pink to share her experience and resources with other young women across the country.
By The Numbers:
- 1 in 8 women will develop breast cancer in their lifetime
- As many as 20% of women in the U.S. are at elevated risk for breast & ovarian cancers, but most don't know it
- 80% of breast cancers in young women are self-detected
- 1.7 Million+ have assessed their cancer risk
- 600,000+ have learned they are at elevated risk
- 30,000+ have committed to proactive health management